Thursday, July 31, 2008

truth

Climbing into your car seemed like a good idea. You drove a crazy old car. Something from the 70s. Seemed more old-fashioned than trendy but you were crazy about it, so that's cool.

BAM!

Who in their right mind would let Ryan Adams behind the wheel? You looked nervous. I could tell. We get out to inspect the damage he made. Some paint came off of yours. Some paint came off of his. Didn't seem like such a big deal but you made it one.

A list of titles comes rushing out of the ground. Ryan offers to play us any 5 of his songs. We choose. I love Ryan Adams. I was excited. You were still pissed about your car but hid it because of my excitement.

I see you start running in another direction. I remember seeing your scarf fly up.
"Where are you going?"
"Be back in a bit. I wouldn't leave you, darlin'."


I always liked it when you called me darlin'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a scene from a Pink Floyd movie~

thats a good thing btw