Yesterday, around 10 pm, I was walking out of the prayer room. I was in that after-prayer room daze, and as I was walking through the double-doors I felt my feet stop walking. & all I could do was just stare. I was surprised to see that Brownsville wasn't meeting me outside... but after literally one second, I just had an overwhelming sense of peace about that.
I don't necessarily mean that Kansas City is my home. That'd be stupid to feel considering I've only been here for about 2 weeks. No, what I'm getting at is that Brownsville isn't my home. I don't know if it's because I'm in the "honeymoon" phase of my departure from Texas, or whether it's because this is what God has put in my heart (traveling) but I know without a shadow of a doubt that I've been bit by something that Brownsville just can't cure.
You always have those people that are like, "Brownsville isn't that bad," and then they make a face at you for being "holier than thou". I can picture at least 5 people giving me that reaction if they read this. And you know what? Maybe it's not that bad for you. Maybe you actually enjoy being bored out of your mind; going to Starbucks for the eleventh time this week; listening to the same 5 songs on the radio as you drive over there.
Side Note: kc radio is rad. sometimes i think 96.5 is like mana to my ears. (that's pushing it. sorry Jesus. But he knows my humor)
anyways, what's the point of this ramble? No point. just wanted to vent. don't have a computer at my house so this nasty trinitron monitor is a delicacy.
xwast3d: thaflowstate: IG: Wahbisn xx
7 years ago
3 comments:
lovely...I think our sarcasms should be gay and marry each other.
yeah?...YEAH!~
I miss miss miss you!
I'm glad that we both figured out that brownsville is NOT our home.
Must be why we are so clever. :)
thanks for replying to my bloggggggg. It was nice seeing your name on my screen. It gave me butterflies in my tummy. lol
g2g...i'm heading out to starbucks!!!!
haha JKKKKK!!! love you!
i hear ya, only reason I came back is to finish skewl and not be a blue collar all my life....
*raises fist*
to the cause...........!
ok miss' "i'm holier than thou"
..jerk
Post a Comment