Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A couple of weeks ago, someone suggested to me that I should go to a class on self-esteem. Up until that point, I thought my self-esteem was fine. I mean, granted, I don't think I'm absolutely fabulous but I don't think anyone really does.

I didn't know what to think when they brought that up. Should I be gracious and accept the offer? Should I be offended because they think I think I'm a loser? What do I think about myself? To be honest, I rather not think about myself so I kind of just blew this thing off and didn't go to the class.

Plus, a class on self-esteem? LAME

Anyways, someone called me a wallflower recently and I couldn't help but bring up the subject again in my head. When I replay events in my head, I don't necessarily see them as Sylvia being a loner - I think my personality is just kind of tame and observant. Also, if i'm meeting you for the first time, how can you expect me to full bloom? Dude, give it time. If I like you, then my true colors will eventually show - I guess I just have to warm up to the idea of you.

So if you see me quietly sitting, don't pity. It's just "me" coming out. Studying, listening, making mental notes (sometimes even mental jokes)... I don't know. I really do like myself most days, and that's all I'm really asking for anyways.

and for the record, the wallflowers were catchy - so i'll take it as a compliment.

5 comments:

AmErika said...

I think you're great. & honestly, who doesn't struggle with low self esteem every now and then. seriously...introduce me to the person that thinks their the shizzle 24/7. That's something I'd like to learn. lol :)

and going to a self-esteem class sounds kinda fun. lol...i'd get a kick out of it. we should go for kicks. :D

Morris said...

I think if u mention a self help class to anyone they will think themselves into it eventually.....


....meh~

Morris said...

Heres something for your new found John Krasinski love~



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mpLvUY8TUE

Berrenduhh said...

Erika, we've already been introduced.

fajkakjd said...

i think the shy people are to shy to have a blog