Thursday, April 23, 2009

i want off already

"Hola Sylvia,

Unfortunately the position was cancelled. Therefore we are not hiring a student. You have a great resume and you did a wonderful interview, you were my first choice. I hope you receive another offer soon.

Best regards,

Kamir"


I got this e-mail from the USDA on Tuesday. After 2 weeks of mind games, I guess I was right. It looks like I won't be interning in DC after all. I was really sad when I found out about this, and I just wanted to go home and have a good cry. But I didn't. I stayed at school and forced myself to do homework so that I wouldn't wallow.

I e-mailed the organization who sets up the internship interviews, and I asked them if there were any other openings they'd consider me for...

Some lady from San Antonio called me back yesterday. She said that she wants me to interview for an internship position with Sodexo. Apparently, they're the biggest food producer in the nation and they're the ones who feed hospitals and universities (bleh... i always thought that food was gross).

They have three positions available. One would be at a hospital in Modesto, California (about 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco) and the other two are at univeristies in Minnesota. Obviously, I said I was more interested in the California position but I wouldn't mind interviewing for any of the three.

i don't know. this whole summer-planning crap has been a roller coaster for me. I'm not as excited with these positions are I was with the DC one. I mean, living in California would be cool. But i don't know...
Why can't I just be a normal 20 year old girl and not give a damn?

I want to move away from Brownsville (yet the purpose and location are unknown)
I want to gain experience (in a field that I mostly don't like)
I want to be typical (but I love Jesus too much)

Anyways, I still have my plan B available. I signed up for that nasty Business Law II class, so I can graduate in December if I so choose.

God, give me clarity. Give me wisdon. Give me You.

4 comments:

AmErika said...

things will work out friend, don't worry.

they'll work out bc they have to workout. In whatever direction that is, it's gonna be fine :)

Berrenduhh said...

Let's just go and follow U2's European tour.

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

@ berenduhh

I'm down for following a european tour... just not u2. eww

:))

Berrenduhh said...

What?!
Come on! Bloody Sunday is a classic!

:)