Wednesday, August 20, 2008

murder in the dark

i want to blog. i've been wanting to blog since yesterday.
i have plenty of things i'd like to say, but i don't know where to start. my thoughts kind of remind me of the art club meetings we had. where i would have a plate and start with the primaries. but then mixing comes into play, and you're left with a really nasty greyish brown.
my brain feels like that greyish brown right now.

i made an awesome friend this summer, and i'm bummed that i have to leave so early into the friendship. i think we really clicked. people always say that separation doesn't change anything, but i don't think there's any truth in that. i think that if i were to return, we wouldn't be the same.
thats the pessimist in me coming out, but i can't help it. speaking from experience.
i hope to God i'm wrong, though. not too often you find someone cool in brownsville.

anyways
Today was such a great day. I don't think i've had a day like this in such a long time. Not necessarily because of the things we did or what happened throughout (albeit the stuff that happened wasn't every-day things), but because i don't think one single day has given me as many memories as today has.
i wish i could elaborate. maybe in time. but for now at least we have some pictures and a couple of videos.

I first started going to church about 2 years ago and I remember how fun it was. everyone was so chill and we were a big group. even though i had only been there x-amount of months, i felt just as comfortable with the person to my right as i was to the dude on my left.
things aren't like that anymore. it's nothing new though. it hasn't been like this for a loong time. i wonder how it would be if we got everyone from that time and locked us into a room. what would happen?
would we awkwardly talk about how we've been?
would we pretend as if we've been the same?
i dont know.
but it'd be cool if we played murder in the dark. that was so much fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice use of an above 6th grade reading level word, there.

albeit.

Well you have your un-elaborated day, and I have my letter.

I know exactly what you mean, and know that there's a different story on each side of how we've come to today. I for one am happy I've learned who I am and what being true to yourself really means.


...to the grave!

Unknown said...

very few people are missed when people leave brownsville, but those missed are missed terribly