Thursday, September 25, 2008

cried myself sick

I'm at the IHOP library, and I think i might be in the midst of a class going on. I feel like the intruder alert should ring any minute now.

There's this girl (lady? idk) who's passing out some written papers with grades on them. I wonder what the assignment could have been...

"Class ::picks up glasses from her nose::, listen up! Simmer down! Ooh up, down... nice play on words. Anywho, i want you to write me a 400 word paper on Jesus. GO!"

What exactly would one have to do to fail any of these assignments, out of the obvious "not doing them" or "didn't follow the rules" reasons? I couldn't imagine someone getting an F because they missed the mark on explaining how much Abba loves them. Or because their testimony was just a tad too dramatic.

"Now, Timmy, I just had to fail you on this paper because... well... I think Jesus loves you just a little bit more than the way you wrote here."

I really hope they don't have that computer program that lets you read or look at what people do/write on these computers. I don't think they'd appreciate this. But I'm not making fun of IHOP or this class or anyone. It's just one of my thinking cap moments. I obviously have no knowledge of the class going on or knowledge on anything for that matter. So let's continue on with the conversation.

I'm going to see Ryan Adams in two weeks! Can't hardly wait. Before I left home, I remember thinking of how nice it would be if I got to see him while I was here. :) Beck plays this next week, so I'm going early in hopes of them selling tickets at the door.

It looks like Victor is coming up here to visit and drive back down with me. I was seriously over-joyed this morning thinking about it. It'll be a nice bonding experience, but I couldn't help to think that we are so old now. We have our own money, our own cars, our own free will to do as we please without the parentals breathing down our necks.

And finally, I finished "A Farewell to Arms" and the ending made me cry. I want to re-read it and maybe start one of those weekly book clubs to discuss (which makes me sound that much older, huh?)

Anyways, I really should leave now.

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Aw that sounds like a proper good time.

I'm jealous.

:)

You should read Out of the Silent Planet by C S Lewis. Its a mighty good read, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

its weird cz i recently found my profound reading self~

....no im not gay

Unknown said...

a good read indeed!

AmErika said...

the only reading i've got done is breaking the heck out of me. lol

kudos to both of us my lovely lady. :)