Tuesday, March 31, 2009

yyy

I don't know what it is about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but they just evoke something out of me every single time. With every passing album, it brings about a chapter in my life. I know it may sound cheesey, but it's true! If you don't have a band that does this for you, I suggest you go and find one stat.

I didn't get into the Yeah Yeah Yeahs until Fever to Tell. I wasn't around for their first album ("Art Star" i think? I'm not sure what it's titled [checking amazon this minuute]. Nope. It's self-titled. woops). I remember driving around with Ben Chance, one of the few Asians in Brownsville. This guy was cool and had an amazing taste in music. Anyways, we were driving around and I remember him telling me he had boughten it, and I swear every day for the next three weeks I'd ask Ben to lend me the CD.
Ben was (still is?) is a stoner so he'd always forget, but one day I cought him as he was going home so I picked that sucker up and put the CD in my car.

My ears were in bliss.

I had a lot of expectations for "Show Your Bones", and honestly at first I was a bit dismayed at the slowness of the record. i was expecting O's snarls and zinner-riffs and chase's beats, but it was relatively soft. I came to really start loving the album when I got to college, though. Maybe my ears grew up or something. Either way, in an interview Karen O said that this album was made in the worst of times, with them almost disbanding. I can see why the album sounds the way it does now.

So now, It's Blitz is coming out today and I can't wait to buy it. I get paid tomorrow, so that'll be a nice treat. I'm interested in seeing what the music sounds like, but i'm even more curious about the new "chapter" that this album will represent.

will it be about my summer ventures?
shall it come with me to austin?
will i listen to it and think about victor's pre-denton summer?

looking forward to finding out. i love the yeah yeah yeahs so much, and i'm not ashamed to admit so. it'll really be something when i get to see them live.

3 comments:

AmErika said...

Your picture on your profile freaks me out everytime I see it.!! It kinda bothers me. lol...
You're too pretty to make yourself look like that. lol.

Sorry, this is the only place I could comment on your pic. :D

Adriana said...

Wait, are you leaving to Austin?

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

I might.
I applied to a summer internship that places students all over, and one of the locations is Austin.

i have my fingers crossed for that one :)