Monday, October 20, 2008

not so funny

The other day, I was walking to the prayer room and I saw a group of guys playing football outside. It looked like something straight out of a post card...

guys playing football in the street
dad talking to his daughters
dogs running around everywhere

So as I'm approaching them, I take out my phone to call my friend. I'm about ten feet in front of them when one of the guys looks at me and motions something. He's a tall one with a big brown beard, and he looks young and nice.

He grabs the football and makes a gesture like: "OK. Get ready. I'm about to throw it to you."
Since I was talking on the phone, all I could do was gesture back. So I gesture the "You don't want to throw it to me. I suck at sports." kind of face. He gets the hint, smiles at me as I pass along, and that was the end of that.

Today I was sitting in the second row of class and Jerry, our Commission administrator, says, "Class, we have a true treasure for you today. We have a guest speaker... Jesse Engle." And in walks in bearded-smiling-football man... Jesse Engle.

It was awkward sitting so close to the front. I wanted to laugh for some reason. & strangely enough, I kept thinking "So this is the guy that made Erika cry." I don't think a lot of you even know who Jesse Engle is, which is cool. I didn't know who he was till I got here. I just wanted to share a part of my day.

It was a good day :)

6 comments:

yvonne said...

Jesse Engle rocks!!

you're so cute.

you needed me that day, huh? haha j/k!

love ya!! (:

Adriana said...

Big beards are amazing!

Is he Lou Engle's son who did a Nazirite fast when he was only 14?

AmErika said...

Oh my freakin gosh!
I'm so jealous! Look at you...making me stumble!!! haha

I freakin love him!!

side prayer:
Please God, can I have Jesse Engle as a husband...please. I promise I'll be good. ::sigh::



kdsgjoierjgkljsarklfklsdfj
I'm sorry...this blog made me so excited. hahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

-masculant comment-

Sylvia Sweetheart said...

Adriana: yep, i believe so. You'd totally dig his beard

Berrenduhh said...

I miss hearing you laugh. lols

Gayyy.