Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October

The Commission program I'm in has this one couple, John and Emily. John is a baldy (by choice) who loves to wear red flannel with flip flops and Emily is a brunette with blue eyes and a Wisconsin accent. He's twenty-three and she's twenty and they just got married this July.

When I found out their ages and the fact that they're married, my initial reaction was "Eww." Not "eww" at them, but "eww" at the thought of being married at twenty.
::"Why on Earth would anyone want to be married so young? You could never do that!" thought Sylvia to herself as she looked in confusion."::
However, seeing them every day has now changed my perception. I think in the valley, a lot (but not all, i know) of young marriages are forced because of pregnancy, so I had this stigma in my head that people don't really want to do this. But seeing two young people willingly want to do that is puzzling yet envious at the same time.

We usually have hang outs at their place, and last week's was making me sick. We had "movie night" and I was surrounded by three couples...
three affectionate couples...
three affectionate and blissful-looking couples
Needless to say, I left the place depressed and jealous

I was sort of doing the "God, this sucks" kind of thing, but then I got over it. I figured, "Hey, if God being wayyy smarter than me, doesn't think it's time yet than who am I to say otherwise?"
But at least I learned it's cool to be twenty and married.

OH! and John was Emily's first and only boyfriend before being married, so take that all you nay-sayers who think it's not possible to get married without dating around. If they can do it than so can i

4 comments:

yvonne said...

tech yeah! (:

houston called. i'm going on the 28th. yayayayayayayay. :D

Anonymous said...

what is that.....love?

unfamiliar to me.......
*shrugg*

ps. Austin called, the want...thaier....capitol...back????

yvonne said...

ROCK-tober. har har! i wait all year to say that. (:

AmErika said...

I like this blog.

So...I'm going to take your IHOP advice and go talk to that guy. lol
I'm so glad God told you to tell me to do it. =O

being single rocks.
Couples make things so complicated sometimes...I'm beginning to think it's freakin awesome being alone. haha.

side note: I realized we talked for almost 3 hours last night. We rock!!! :)