Tuesday, January 20, 2009

wake up

My phone rang today at 8 in the morning.
I have ringers assigned for people.
The fam has one.
Erika has one.
Bon has one.
Morris has one.
Bill has one.
and Michelle has one.
But when it rang at 8 in the morning, it was the "default/generic" ringer.
I normally don't answer numbers I don't recognize, but maybe since it was 8 in the morning I wasn't thinking clearly.
anyways, so I answered the phone.
and it was Michelle.

"Hello..?"
"Sylvia...It's Michelle."
"Michelle? Where are you calling me from?"
"I'm at work. I'm SO bored, and I want to talk to someone. I called Caroline but she was on her way to watch the inauguration..."
"Oh, sorry. Sorry I was at the bottom of the list."
"No! I wanted to talk to you..."

I think she was lying. But I didn't care because I really like Michelle and I didn't mind talking to her.

So we started gabbing away.

"Michelle, I'm really scared. I'm going to graduate in December and I have no idea what I'm going to do."
"Wait. You are worried about what's going to happen next year? We barely started 2009 and you're already worried about 2010?"
"Yes"

I felt stupid, but that's my nature.
I worry

1 comment:

AmErika said...

yay! I have a ringer. :)

& I would've yelled at someone who woke me up so early. =p