Every time Jane took off her ipod, she made sure the earphones were neatly wrapped up - and yet, somehow they always seemed to end up tangled. No matter what. Always tangled.
"Damn earphones. Uhh..."
Her class doesn't start until 7:15 but she was always one for being early. It gave her time to sit in her car with the music on and think. But 7:10 was approaching and so she grabbed for the ipod and out she went.
:Right earphone in right ear:
:Left earphone in left ear:
"And the charade starts..."
:pressed play:
"...now."
As she walked upstairs towards her class, Jane started thinking about the definition of extroversion. I don't blame her - she was the picture of an introvert - and although Jane envied the openness of others, she was all too comfortable in her skin. One day, though, she'll do something unexpected. One day.
Jane was a couple of footsteps from the class door when she remembered Doug and how he had given her his number (and myspace link) last week. Doug was a five foot five, karate practicing, death metal rocker. He had given her his number...
"you know, just in case I don't go to class one day. Oh, and by the way... I have unlimited texting if you're into that sort of thing."
"planning on skipping already? it's the first day of class"
Jane couldn't see herself with Doug. And I don't really know how Doug could exactly see himself Jane. ::Doug sounds like bland mashed potatoes with old gravy:: Jane thought. She walked in the classroom and lo and behold Doug was sitting right next to her - lab partners! How (not)fun.
So class that day was a mixture of awkward laughs and half-way smiles.
"Jane, would you want to go out one night? I dunno... and eat or something?"
::What the hell. What? You know what...:::
"...OK"
::Extroversion starts now::
Jane walks out of the class
:Right earphone in right ear:
:left earphone in left ear:
:presses play:
Fin
xwast3d: thaflowstate: IG: Wahbisn xx
7 years ago
2 comments:
I love it.
reminds me alot if the kinda thought I have throughout the day. plus Im absolutely in on narration. I think thats alot of why Fight Club is my fav movie.
*always wanted to do over dubbed narrated short films.
:) ty
Have you ever seen Arrested Development? It's a cancelled TV series. You could probably find it online. Anyways, I think it'd be right up your alley.
Post a Comment