Tuesday, February 3, 2009

i feel seventeen

Today has been an "out of your element" day.
Let me explain...

I have this gnarly pimple on my face. It's so great (in the negative sense). I woke up and caked on the concealer (skin make-up for the XYs) but now I'm like "man, i don't give a..." well, you know how that goes. Men = the system anyways

Later on in the day I went up to this guy and was like "HI!". [ If we were walking cartoons, which we kind of are, and I had a speech bubble, the "hi" would have def been in caps... it was so forceful-like a car honking its horn. For those interested, his though bubble probably would have been "wtf"] Anyways, I never do that. I normally stare at my feet when I walk or pretend to look past them.

I feel like I'm going back to my roots. As if i'm living my freshman year all over again. I was free from Davy (at least during the day), felt independence without that added weight of worry, and just on my own-doing something new. I know I'm not technically doing anything new (still in school, still without Davy, blah blah blah), but it feels like I am. Maybe I am and I haven't seen it? Maybe it's the presence of something new looming over me? idk, but i like. i like.

So, I think I have the possibility of going to Spain (!) and UTB paying for it. Noice...
I can picture myself listening to Monster Hospital walking through whatever there is to walk through in EspaƱa. I still haven't completely made up my mind, though. I might just stick around and take classes here [to graduate in Dec] or take another internship out of Brownsville.

Ahh...life. :)

2 comments:

Morris said...

I had an interesting feeling today too. I was writing a faux resume for a writing class to apply at this internet tv site that im a fan of and is pretty much the center of the geek culture right now [San Francisco] and I started to get that real feeling of..."Im really gonna do this. This could be a reality."

I felt confident. I always feel like I could never learn enough to get somewhere like that. At times even fall into the, scrape for a decent job with my title....but no. Im gonna go far...

...Im finally Golden Boy!
[The Shins]

Anonymous said...

what? for free.

i'm mad
(grr)